Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Walking Down the Ayala Road



Been working in Makati since 2005, and I haven't fully taken a breather and appreciate this busy city... until now. Every now and then, my sisters or my hubby and I would take time to walk around, see some sights, do an activity or two, and of course, have a delightful foodtrip! :D

The Ayala Triangle Garden has been the popular venue for runners and joggers alike, and of course, those who would like to stroll around, do meetings and other activities.



This was also the same place where Ayala Tower One is located - in which I had to walk to from Salcedo Street to get my ATM. It was a walking distance, but the heat of the sun was unbearable! :P But at least I get to see some sights too. The ambiance of the park is very relaxing.



I also went back here last weekend with my sisters. My eldest sister and I both working around the area, and decided to invite my 2nd elder sister so that she can check out the Banapple - famous for its sweet desserts, especially the pies!



First, we started off with pasta - you gotta love the humongous servings! We ordered Trio of Sausages Fettuccine, Baked Creamy Cheesy Penne and Fettuccine Magnifico. My magnifico wasn't that great, but I loved what my sisters ordered.



And of course, for our dessert choices - we opt for the Apple Crumble Pie and Cherry Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake. We wanted to go for the fruity flavors! :D



Oh and by the way, contrary to what folks believed that pies and cakes should be accompanied with coffee or tea, I just recently discovered that sodas are good with the desserts too, especially the Italian Sodas in Seattle's Best Coffee. I know it's been there for awhile, but I love to have my drinks light so that it will give me more desire to finish my piece of pie or cake. ;)



So SBC, these drinks are not for kids only! :D


My other sister did not listen though, she still opt for a large Java Chip! But it does taste and look tempting...



So even if you go for the natural parks or just the parks in the city, or even the city itself, try to find your right moment - and the one that hits the spot. Take time for yourself, your friends and loved ones, and see the beauty behind the scenes. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment