Sunday, August 21, 2011

Lipton Philippines Bloggers Event: Thoughts & Teas



I was invited yesterday at the Bloggers Event of Lipton Philippines at the Paul Calvin's Deli in Forbeswood Heights, Global City. I went there with my blogger friends, and we had the noisiest table ever! We were so hyper - probably because of the sugar and the colorful ambiance of the venue. :D





Besides being Lipton Philippines' Personality & Smashing Pic of the Week, the invite was so tempting, I couldn't say no. I'm a tea-lover myself, drinking tea in my daily routine in life helps me stay alert, healthy, and stress-free for the rest of the day. I'm a very hyper person, so I need something to keep my feet on the ground and think straight. ;)





We arrived there, a few minutes late. The weather was a bit gloomy, but as bloggers, we will always find ways to get to the event. We also met the Unilever Philippines representatives. They were a female team (go girl power!) and was super nice when they talked to us before the activities started.





They started the activities with a warm welcome to us, bloggers, and by telling us the reason for the gathering. Usually when people think of tea, they tend to say that it's for the old people, and the flavors are the usual, so the young generation tend to go for other drinks. Chef Rosebud Benitez of Quickfire TV explained that you can explore more in putting ingredients that will complement your tea, and of course, with your taste, thus the possibiliTEAS are endless with Lipton Yellow Label Tea.



She had us mix Hokkaido milk, cranberry and orange juices, and other ingredients more to your usual cup of tea and sugar. This is when she told us that we will be having a create-your-own-tea-recipe contest. We can choose our cup from Paul Calvin's cupboard to suit the tea recipe that we will be making. Even though I just started cooking and mixing drinks myself back at home, making my own tea recipe was a bit hard.



They had these ingredients laid out for us from a wide array of milk and juices, to spices and sweets. So this is what I made - I put in some teaspoons of milk (I think I chose low-fat instead of the Hokkaido), cranberry and apple juice, sugar, honey, and a bit of ginger, cinnamon, and azuki (red bean paste) and of course, along with the Lipton's Yellow Label Tea. The azuki was actually good in providing some texture, in my opinion. Before having to give it to the Chef and the Unilever peeps to drink it, I had my friend to taste it, she loved it. So I took my chances.



Before they announced the winner, two of my friends were specially recognized for putting in one of each ingredients, we all had a good round of laughter, and hurray! I actually won the challenge! I was totally amazed that a Chef actually liked it, and so did their other judges. Hence, I won a dinner for two at the Circles Event Café at Shangrila Makati and I get to keep my winning floral cup. :D



Everyone also took home their cups, Lipton goodie bags with tons of sweet treats. The rain actually complemented our hot cups of tea, and the soothing environment was so good, we stayed for a bit, eating cookies and cupcakes along with our tea, and thinking about our day. I hope that there will be tons of events like these! :)



To know more about their upcoming events, updates and promos, visit http://www.facebook.com/liptonphilippines ;)
Click HERE for more images from the event! :D

3 comments:

  1. [...] About Us « Lipton Philippines Bloggers Event: Thoughts & Teas [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] Bea won the tea she never tasted, but I got to taste that super yummy tea! Now I have gained back my confidence! I thought I would lose my sense of taste when I tasted Jepoy and RJ's tea. I do not know what she mixed in there. The ingredients were too many to remember. (Image below was stolen from here.) [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] Bea won the tea she never tasted, but I got to taste that super yummy tea! Now I have gained back my confidence! I thought I would lose my sense of taste when I tasted Jepoy and RJ's tea. I do not know what she mixed in there. The ingredients were too many to remember. (Image below was stolen from here.) [...]

    ReplyDelete