Last June 13, 2011, I was invited to an exclusive event at Robot Restaurant & Lounge in Makati Avenue. It was exciting to be part of the Intel & Dell Notebook Press Launch and get to check out their new & hip products.
The new Inspiron R series joins Dell's expansive collection of laptops and desktops equipped with the latest Intel processors and are fun, stylish and lightning quick. Available now at Dell.com, the new Inspiron R 14-, 15- and 17-inch laptops deliver incredible mobile entertainment, high-definition displays and outstanding battery life.
Inspiron R Key Features
• 2nd generation Intel Core i3, i5 and i7 processor options and up to 8GB of memory
• Weight starting at 4.94 lbs for the Inspiron 14R
• 6-cell battery included with 9-cell battery options
• SRS Premium Audio and high-definition video performance
• Intel Wireless Display technology for wireless projection of full 1080p video and 5.1 surround sound to your home theater for a breath-taking movie-viewing experience
• Support for Blu-ray 3D movie playback when equipped with the optional Blu-ray drive and connected to your 3D TV (HDMI 1.4 required)
• Integrated Dell Stage software, providing one-click access to photos, music, videos, social-networking sites, e-books and more
• HD capable webcam
• ChicletTM-style keyboard
• Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium with option for Professional
• Optional SWITCH by Design Studio lids featuring the new India Collection and designs from OPI, Threadless.com, Susan G. Komen for the Cure, (PRODUCT)RED™ and various artists
Knowing today's growing businesses require real-time information exchange and connectivity without compromise, Dell unveiled its Vostro 3000 series laptops with 12 hours of battery life on select models and cutting-edge virtual collaboration solutions.
The new Vostro 3000 laptops offer the following:
• Stylish and durable: A chiclet keyboard, durable aluminum finish and choice of three premium colors – Aberdeen Silver, Lucerne Red and Brisbane Bronze
• Enhanced collaboration: Pre-installed Skype and the ability to launch any VoIP or video conferencing application via one customizable dashboard button
• Top-notch security options: Back up your business data 10 times faster with super speed USB 3.0, standard built-in finger-print reader and Trend Micro Worry-Free Business Security
• Increased productivity: Intel® 2nd generation Core™ I Series processors, switchable graphics, DDR3, USB 3.0, BT 3.0
• ProSupport to Simplify IT: Businesses can choose their own level of 24x7 IT support with optional Dell ProSupport services
Dell also launched new additions to its portfolio of Latitude E-Family laptops, giving users an enhanced security and mobile experience. The new Latitude E-series model includes more than 100 design improvements and a range of new features to meet evolving business needs, including an increasing demand for security and manageability.
The entire Latitude E-Family has been refreshed with the Latitude E5420, E5520, E6520 E6420, E6320, E6220 and E6420 ATG laptops. New additions to the Dell Latitude family support a range of usage needs:
• The Latitude E5420 and E5520 laptops are ideal for professionals looking for a budget-conscientious blend of mobility and at-your-desk computing.
• The Latitude E6220, E6320, E6420, E6520 and E6420 ATG business-rugged laptops are designed for the most demanding conditions, with hard-wearing MIL-STD tested Tri-Metal™ casing and highly durable displays.
The new Latitude laptops offer the following:
• Completely new design from the ground up;
• Enhanced security– Dell Data Protection, Remote Data Delete and Free Fall Sensor to protect against drops;
• Planned support for pre-integrated Citrix and VMware remote desktop clients;
• Latitude commonality across 26 models – 1 dock, battery, keyboard footprint – making the management of systems much easier;
• Still the only enterprise platform with backlit keyboard options for productivity anywhere; and,
• Intel® 2nd generation Core™ processors and new graphics and memory.
The XPS 15z laptop, one of the thinnest PCs on the planet, and the first in a series of new thin and ultra-powerful products from Dell to come this year. With the XPS 15z, everyone from mobile warriors to students and small-business owners now have everything they need to work hard and play hard in one stunning package.
• Thin (0.97”/24.68mm) laptop PC with Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium; aluminum and mag-alloy enclosure
• 2nd-generation Intel Core i5 and Core i7 Dual Core processor choices
• Standard HD or optional Full HD (1920x1080) WLED display
• Fast NVIDIA graphics options :
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M with 1GB graphics memory
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GT 525M with 2GB graphics memory
• Includes NVIDIA® Optimus™ technology; NVIDIA 3DTV Play technology
• 4GB up to 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz memory options
• Fast 7200RPM hard disk storage, up to 750GB
• Built-in Slot load DVD +/- RW (reads & writes to CD/DVD)
• Backlit, Chiclet-style keyboard with adjustable brightness
• Optimized touchpad
• Built-in Intel Centrino Advanced-N 6230 802.11 A/G/N and Bluetooth 3.0 wireless connectivity
• Intel Wireless Display-ready
• Up to 8 hours of battery life with 8-cell battery
• USB 3.0 (2), USB/eSATA with PowerShare, HDMI 1.4, Mini Display-Port, Gigabit Ethernet and audio connectors
• Built-in 9-in-1 media card reader
• Built-in 1.3MP HD Webcam with dual array digital microphones and stereo speakers
• Dell Stage software for fast access to content like music, videos and photos
• Dimensions: Height: 0.97” (24.68mm) / Width: 15.15” (384.85mm) / Depth 10.25” (260.37mm); Weight: starting at 5.54lbs (2.51 kg)
The said 2nd generation Intel processor in these new & savvy Dell notebooks is also known by the codename, Sandy Bridge.
To know more about the products and for further inquiries and concerns, visit their official websites:
You'll find that Dell notebooks are there to be updated in your lifestyle - whether you're working, a tech savvy, studying or in business. ;)
I'll leave you with a very inspirational video from Intel - Share Your Visual Life: